This section outlines ways for communication partners to determine what their learning needs are and how to meet these needs. It also presents a range of resources that can be used in communication training courses.
- IPACCKS (Informing and Profiling Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) Knowledge and Skills) is a resource that supports the learning and development of people working with individuals who use AAC http://www.nes.scot.nhs.uk/media/2507407/nesd0214aacframework-re.pdf
- Making Sense of Communication. An extract from a course available for Sense Scotland managers and supervisors. Download the document here.
- CALL Scotland offers many training courses. Further information can be found at: www.callscotland.org./Home
- CALL Scotland have specific resources about inclusive communication and Alternative and Augmentative Communication (AAC) at this website: http://www.aacscotland.org.uk/Home/
- Information and resources on inclusive communication. Download the document here.